[From the back cover of the original paperback version]
‘A mouthwatering selection of recipes with delightful illustrations which truly capture the flavour of Greece’
Real Greek recipes, straight from the taverna kitchens of the island of Kefalonia. Recreate the flavours of Greece in your own home with forty traditional family recipes. Twenty-four chefs share their culinary secrets for creating familiar Greek dishes as well as Kefalonian specialities.
‘Taverna chefs share their secrets’
More than just a cookbook, this is an artistic celebration of Greek taverna life. It is packed full of local information and insights into Greek culture. Classic taverna recipes have been carefully selected by Gill Tomlinson and personally tested for the home kitchen. Cook, artist and lifelong grecophile, her evocative watercolour sketches capture the colour, light and atmosphere of ‘Captain Corelli’s Island’.
‘A colourful celebration of Greek taverna life’
- Cook real taverna food
- Everyday ingredients with easy-to-follow instructions
- Recreate the flavours of your summer holiday
- Carefully tested, authentic recipes
- Perfect gift for the Mediterranean cook
- More than 350 full-colour illustrations
- Delightful and fresh, as well as highly informative
- Unique souvenir of ‘Captain Corelli’s Island’
“If you love Greece, you will love this book!”