Colourful Collage Floral Paintings
23rd and 30th January
- Two Thursdays: 10.00am – 1.30pm
- €30 includes materials & coffee/biscuits
Whet your artistic appetite and kickstart your creativity whilst learning some new mixed media techniques. Suitable for beginners as well as those with some experience.
You’ll be using gesso and acrylic paint to create a colourful, textured background and making several decorated papers for your floral collage composition. Then you’ll be cutting and tearing flowers to create a big, bold composition, filling the space with colour.
You will learn:
- How to establish a strong composition
- How to choose colours for max impact
- How to apply paint without a paintbrush
- How to create texture with paint
- How to create & cut stylised flower shapes
- How to ‘finish’ and unify your picture
At the end of the morning you will take home your own, unique, colourful collage painting on paper, ready to frame and hang on your wall.
During the second morning we build on the skills learnt in the first workshop but will create a different type of background from our collage papers. (Do bring along any left over decorated papers you have from the first morning) We will also be creating a slightly more elaborate composition this week.
After creating a selection of hand-decorated papers, including hand-printed tissue and printed papers, you will build a beautiful, layered background with them. You’ll be working with acrylics, wax resist, stamping & stencilling.
You will learn
- How to create hand decorated papers for use in collage
- How to work with tissue paper
- How to create a successful collage background
- How to tell a story with your composition
At the end of the second morning you will take home another colourful floral collage painting on paper/board ready to frame and hang on your wall.
Suitable for complete beginners – no previous experience necessary. Also great fun for those who have some experience and have got a little rusty with their creative pursuits.
The cost of this 2 week, 7 hour course is €30 which covers art materials and coffee/tea/biscuits. Payment is due in full at the start of the first morning. We will start each morning promptly at 10am.